The Rescape Video Scaler/Rotator
is the fastest, highest-quality GPU-based video scaler and rotator available, with
natural-looking edge enhancement, absolutely no ringing (a.k.a. the
and with the following features:
downscaling to a minimum of 352x240 pixels (NTSC SIF Format), for high quality results over all scale factors,
- time-code support, including on-video display and pipeline
support between isovideo tools using timecode in yuv4mpeg frame headers,
- edge enhancement algorithms allow 720p video to be scaled to look as sharp as 1080p,
- artifact-free video scaling and rotation,
- uses NVIDIA CUDA technology,
- 16-bit internal arithmetic for all Y,Cb,Cr component calculations,
- Supports 8-bit yuv4mpeg2 I/O, so Rescape works with other well known tools such as ffmpeg, avconv, mencoder, and x264,
- Supports an extended
16-bit yuv4mpeg2 I/O format, allowing data to be piped between isovideo
tools with 14 effective bits representing each Y,Cb,Cr component.
- Supports 8-to-16-bit 444, 422, 420paldv, 420jpeg, 420mpeg raw YUV formats (often useful with device drivers).
can scale video independently in the vertical and horizontal
directions, while simultaneously performing image rotation to correct
for tilted source images.
Tilt correction can automatically zoom in so that black triangular areas
are never visible in the output.
The Rescape Examples
The following video links illustrate various upscaling and downscaling conversions, as well as an example of continuous scaling and rotation of crowd_run.
We recommend downloading from these links first as the files cannot be viewed in real time over the Web.
crowd_run 1920x1080p50 to ntsc30p scaling/rotation
Stockholm 1280x720p50 to 1920x1080p60
Stockholm 1280x720p50 to 1920x1080p50
Stockholm 1280x720p50 to 720x576p50
Stockholm 1280x720p50 to 720x480p_ntsc60
More examples can be found in our Services
Rescape Command-Line Usage & Examples
Rescape 30-day Free Trial Downloads for 64-bit Linux